Saturday 28 December 2013

OffBoard soldering the BOX oF ROCK!

I finally finished it! I built the ZVex Box of Rock and it sounds amazing! This post is to show you all the off board soldering I did in this pedal. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, the wires are fairly neat. Well...here it is

 I always start with soldering the LED first
Then the power and ground. For me it is always a chalenge to fit two wires in the small lugs of the power jack. What I like to do is twist them as small as I can then put them both in at the same time.
I feel like I could have done a better job soldering the 3PDT switch but it works just fine.
Here I have the small board for the LED. This board holds the resistor for the LED. I made it as small as possible so it would fit anywhere.
And since a lot of the ground is connected to the jacks, I do that next. As you can see I usually always have the ground connections with black wire just for a visual representation.

 It's always really hard to fit both wires into the small hole but I did it. Since the second red wire goes to the LED. Next time I'll just solder another wire to the board where the 9v is coming in











Hope this help a little bit!

1 comment:

  1. thats awsome! can you show me how to wire the in out jacks on a mxr phase 45

    ReplyDelete