Tuesday 26 February 2013

A good start to any project...research

The start of any good project is the proper research prier to construction. A month ago I finish a building my fist fuzz pedal. It was just a butcher job, but it did work!!!. So I challenged myself to make a better one and this time it would be well thought out and designed. As I stated it the previous post, I gave you a link of this great site that includes layouts on vero board. So originally I thought I would want to do  script reissue MXR distortion plus, but then I thought why would I copy something completely. So I decided to modify the circuit and kinda make it my own. At the time I knew hardly nothing about changing component values to alter the frequency of a low pass filter, or any of that modifying lingo. So I found an article on premier guitar  that is written by the great Brian Wampler, distortion aficionado.
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Dec/MXR_Distortion_Plus_Mods.aspx. Then after looking at this amazing article that goes in depth about this kind of circuit, I found the layout of the "Wampler modded distortion plus" on the layout site http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2013/01/mxr-distortion-w-wampler-mods.html. I guess what I really wanted to say is that the preparation is really an important step in any kind of project really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment